All Are Invited
Come enjoy the shade of tall trees, listening to birds chirping and water lapping on the shores of Lake Tawakoni State Park. Sounds good? Join us! Gather your fishing poles, mountain bikes, binoculars, hiking shoes, and camping gear - it's just 50 miles east of Dallas. Enjoy the 376 acres of oak forest, 5+ miles of lakeshore, or one of the nearly five miles of trails. Our weekend wraps up with a worship service on Sunday morning before we all pack up and head home.
5th Annual Event Details:
Our 2023 campout (April 21-23) was a great weekend!
STAY TUNED FOR OUR 2024 DATES COMING SOON...
Lake Tawakoni State Park, 10822 FM 2475, Wills Point, Texas 75169 (click for directions). More info about the park @ https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/lake-tawakoni.
- Cost: $40 per campsite (non-refundable) - we encourage them be shared by 2 families!
- Check in begins @ 2pm on Friday • Check out by 12 Noon Sunday
- Note: line up your campsite buddies & decide who will register & pay the online fee - designate one person to reserve & pay for the spot for your group, please!
- There is ONE set of hook-ups per spot for a camper
- Water/electric included, along with a charcoal grill
- Restrooms and showers are on-site at the park. Bring your own food!
- 24 sites available, first come, first served on reservations (waiting list will be available, also)
- No fishing license is required to fish from the shore! Fishing gear is available to borrow at park HQ
- Have a state park pass? Your entry fee will be free - no cost to get in the gate. (Campsites are full price this year, regardless of pass.)
Upon arrival at the state park, check-in with an event coordinator/deacon (Darren Huges, Nick Scott, Mike Kern) at the entrance for directions to your campsite.
Stay tuned for links to sign up, starting in mid-February each year. Links will be posted on this website page, and in the church's bulletin and weekly emails to members. Qs? Email our church office any time!
2023 campout: 5th Annual Event
This beautiful weekend featured our favorite annual events, games, and more, plus a Sunday morning worship service weekend finale (this year it was a chilly one!). Our 2023 campout was commemorated by a special 5th Anniversary t-shirt for all. Over 120 signed up to attend... it was a great crowd!