Pre-Marriage // Newly Married
Engaged? Seriously dating? Newly Married? You've come to the right place! Prestoncrest is committed to providing ways for couples to have access to the education, skills, and mentoring for a lifelong relationship that is rooted in Biblical principles and centered in God’s plan.
We're here to support you with...
• Together Forever 13-Week Workshop Twice Per Year
• Supportive, Dedicated Minister
• Bible Classes for Engaged & Newly Marrieds on Sundays
• Small Groups for Engaged & Newly Marrieds during the week
• Resources to help you begin a Christ-centered life together!
Together Forever: Pre-Marital Workshop
Equipping couples with education, skills, and Biblical principles for a marriage that is centered in God’s plan!
Most couples spend more time preparing for their wedding than they do for marriage. Don’t let lack of planning sabotage your new life together! Marriage is a divine institution that joins a man and woman to one another and to God in a covenant relationship. Are you engaged? Seriously dating? This class is for you!
9:45-10:30am each Sunday for 13 weeks
What does the 13-week course cover?
- Mentoring and Marriage
- Personality Traits
- Love and Marriage
- Marital Expectations
- Roles and Responsibilities
- His Needs Her Needs
- Conflict Resolution
- In-Law Relationships
- Finances and Stewardship
- Sexual Intimacy
- A Spiritual Marriage
- Connection & Service Opportunities
TOGETHER FOREVER features:
- 13-Week Series, Sundays @ 9:45am
- Offered Spring & Fall (2x per year)
- Dates listed on our EVENTS PAGE
- Meets next door to Prestoncrest (@ 12700 Preston Rd, Dallas)
- FREE Q&A session 1 week before we begin... NO obligation!
- $130/couple ($65/ea) for materials (scholarships available)
- 1-on-1 counseling & mentoring beyond the classroom
- Qualifies for the TWOGETHER IN TEXAS program!*
- Together Forever Class Workbook
- "Before You Say 'I Do'" by Dr. Norman Wright
- "His Needs, Her Needs" by Dr. Willard F Harley, Jr.
- "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman
- PREPARE/ENRICH Premarital Inventory (growths & strengths)
- Conflict resolution videos, part 1 & 2 (scroll down to watch)
*Couples will receive a certificate upon completion that can be presented to a Texas county clerk for up to $60 off a marriage license and a waiver of the 72-hr wait time.
Note: We believe that marriage is a permanent, life-long relationship between a man and woman as defined in scripture. Therefore, we will only officiate, host or endorse a marriage between one man and one woman as instituted by God. To be married at Prestoncrest, or to ask one of our ministers or elders to perform your wedding, this course must be completed before your wedding date.
YOUNG COUPLES Bible Class
On Sunday Mornings at 9:45am, you're invited to a special Bible Class JUST for YOUNG COUPLES, Engaged, and Newly Marrieds! This class is designed for couples who are preparing for marriages and married couples beginning their lives together. This class meets at Preston Place (across the street from the church building) in #200. This class and many others are listed on the Bible Class page with details, descriptions, and links for contacting class leaders. Click below for details!
YOUNG COUPLES: Small Groups
In the evenings during the week, Prestoncrest offers Small Groups around the metroplex... some of which are JUST for YOUNG COUPLES, Engaged, and Newly Marrieds. These groups enjoy hanging out, studying, meals, social events, and more together. These groups, plus others, are listed on the Small Groups page with details, descriptions, and links for contacting group leaders. Click below for details and visit a group this week!
minister for pre-marriage programs
Prestoncrest minister, Gary Cochran, is a LPC-S (Licensed Professional Counselor, Supervisor) and serves as the leader and coordinator for our Together Forever program. He hand-selects the teaching and mentoring team that participates each year to make sure each couple has the best experience possible. Contact Gary today to find out more about our programs, and ways our church can walk alongside you as you become Mr & Mrs!
Thu, Nov 30
Thursday Small Group
Thu, Dec 07
Discover Christmas Party
Sat, Dec 09
Treasures of Hope Outreach
Wed, Dec 13 + more