Join us for our 12th Annual
ALIVE in the METROPLEX
For Single Adults in the DFW Area ... and Beyond!
Presented by the Prestoncrest Church of Christ
SATURDAY, SEPT 22, 2018 • Click to register!
This is a FREE event for Christian single adults, singles groups, and friends from Dallas/Ft Worth, North Texas, and SW region of our country! ALIVE brings together Christian singles of all ages and life stages, to share time, worship, fellowship, build relationships, and strengthen the network of Christian single adults in DFW and beyond! We will join in worship and praise to God, challenging and empowering messages from special guest presenters, and share in outstanding interactive small group discussions to encourage and challenge each other.
DR. BEN MYERS serves as Associate Minister of Marriage and Family Life with the Greenville Avenue Church of Christ (Richardson, TX). Ben and his wife Carolyn have been with Greenville Avenue for 35 years, both serving in a variety of ways. Ben’s primary focus has been outreach, teaching, leadership development, and counseling. He is also a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice. Ben has developed a Family Life Ministry (FLM) outreach that displays the love of Christ, manifested through self-help groups, pre-marriage, marriage, and individual counseling. Among his strong educational background, Ben earned his Doctor of Ministry in Christian Counseling. He also served his country in the U.S. Air Force.
JOEY WRAPE is the Family Life Involvement Minister with the North Davis Church of Christ in Arlington, Texas. Joey and his wife Andrea have transitioned from working with families and student ministry over the past 25+ years with four churches in Virginia and Texas. Joey and Andrea also now serve as co-directors for Camp Erin, a grief camp for children and youth facing the loss of loved ones due to death. They believe in relational ministry that excites others to want to serve Jesus. Joey has practiced this principle of BREATHE in his own life and has had much experience helping others practice this principle in their lives. Joey is also an excellent worship leader, and will serve in that role at ALIVE 2018!
KEY ELEMENTS of the ALIVE 2018 EXPERIENCE...
• Registration is FREE! We do ask that each person register online so that we may plan for food.
• Register by clicking HERE!
• Continental Breakfast will be served Saturday morning for our guests to come and enjoy fellowship together.
• A BBQ lunch will be catered for all attendees in order to enjoy a leisure meal and visiting with “old” and “new” friends!
• Singles ministries resources, information about other events, and networking together.
• Consideration and exploring of “next steps” beyond the ALIVE 2018 weekend.
THEME FOR 2018: BREATHE
It seems so fundamental. Sounds so basic. Appears to be the most elementary truth of a human being’s life, function, and survival. And quite frankly, that’s true. There’s really nothing simpler than the reality of this physiological function…just BREATHE. But it seems that each of us needs an occasional reminder of this true, basic, and God-designed principle. It’s intentional. It’s purposeful. It’s life-giving…in a very physical, mental, emotional, relational, and certainly spiritual way. Actually, in a very holy way!
• Be still and BREATHE. “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)
• Be quiet, follow the Shepherd, and BREATHE. “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake” (Psalm 23:1-3)
• In struggles and challenges of life, stay calm and BREATHE. “The Lord Himself will fight for you, you need only to be still.” (Exodus 14:14)
• The Lord will calm the storms in your life. “He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, ‘Quiet! Be still!’ Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.” “They were terrified and asked each other, ‘Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey Him!’”(Mark 4:39, 41)
Life presents difficulties and challenges. It can often bring chaos or confusion. Lots of stress. A friend betrays. A husband walks away from his wife and children. Possibly an excellent opportunity develops, but requires a move far away from friends and family. The medical diagnosis knocks you to the floor, “It’s terminal.” Maybe life is good, but the demands and “busy-ness” seem overwhelming. The social media posts of others may leave you feeling envious or discouraged. National politics is wearing you out! Controversial conversations straining relationships. Or maybe it’s just been a long time since you’ve had a break from the hassle and hustle of life!
Stop. Be still. Quiet. Calm. Know that God is God. He knows you. He loves you. He’s for you. He’s got you. Just BREATHE!
ALIVE 2018 SCHEDULE
8:30 am • Check In & Continental Breakfast
9:00 am • Welcome • Worship & Praise
9:15 am • BREATHE… Introducing Our Theme
9:30 am • BREATHE… In Rhythm with God
10:00 am • Small Group Interaction
10:30 am • BREATHE… In Chaos and Crisis
11:00 am • Small Group Interaction
11:30 am • BREATHE…What Could This Mean For Me? (PANEL/OPEN FORUM)
12:00 pm • Catered Lunch (Spring Creek BBQ)
1:00 pm • Worship & Praise
1:15 pm • BREATHE… A Matter of Trust
1:45 pm • Small Group Interaction
2:15 pm • BREATHE… A New Way of Living? (PANEL/OPEN FORUM)
3:30 pm • Wrap Up
4:00 pm • “Game Time!” Fellowship, Games, Big Screen College Football, & More!
7:00 pm • Movie @ Preston Place
Staying in Dallas? Join us Sunday, September 23, 2018 @ Prestoncrest for…
8:15 am or 10:45 am • Worship Service
9:45 am – 10:30 am • ALIVE 2018 Bible Class @ Preston Place #230
Questions? Contact Gary Cochran, Singles Minister, at the PC church office @ 972.233.2392 or firstname.lastname@example.org