PRAYER QUILT MINISTRY
Meets 2nd Sat of each month
10am – 2pm • Preston Place #280
What is a PRAYER QUILT MINISTRY?
It is a group that meets to sew special quilts. Prayer quilts combine the gift of prayer with the gift of a quilt. After the quilt is completed, yarn pieces are sewn into the quilt. The quilt is displayed on a Sunday in the foyer, and church members are invited to visit the quilt, say a silent prayer, and tie a knot representing their prayer. The quilts are given to those that are suffering from a serious illness, grief, or other crisis.
HOW CAN I REQUEST A QUILT FOR SOMEONE?
Prestoncrest members can text the word QUILT to the same phone # we use for check-in every Sunday. Click the link it sends you and fill out the form. (If you prefer a paper copy, pick up a brochure any time at the Information Center in the foyer at Prestoncrest.)
HOW CAN YOU HELP SUPPORT THIS NEW MINISTRY?
Pray! for this ministry and those it will bless.
Join us! for fellowship & quilting (or come learn how to quilt!)
Donate! a list of NEEDED ITEMS is below (or $ to help us purchase)
WHAT & HOW TO DONATE:
- Buy items or gift cards online via Amazon "Wish List" & they will automatically ship to Debra Atchison. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LIST!
- Donate gently USED items from our NEEDED ITEMS list below and drop off at church (see below how to drop off items in person)
- Donate NEW items - see our NEEDED ITEMS list below. Purchase anywhere and drop off at church (see below how to drop off items)
- Donate money! Help us purchase NEEDED ITEMS via PayPal to email@example.com -- or -- via Venmo to @DebAtchison
- Buy gift cards ONLINE for JoAnn (Craft Store) at www.joann.com/gift-cards/ by clicking HERE and during checkout, choose the option to deliver via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy gift cards in stores to JoAnn or Amazon and mail them to: Debra Atchison, 2030 Longmont Ln Prosper, TX 75078 or drop them off at the church office (see below). Please do NOT place gift cards in bins.
- Checks payable to Debra Atchison or Karen Browner are also appreciated. Please give those directly to Deb or Karen.
HOW TO DROP OFF DONATIONS IN PERSON:
SUN & TUES at the CHURCH BUILDING // SUNDAYS: 8am - Noon // TUESDAYS: 9:30 am - Noon
Drop items in the "QUILT MINISTRY" bin in the foyer near the Information Center. If dropping off on Tuesdays, be sure to enter through the EAST doors. **Please do NOT drop off gift cards in the bins. See #6 above.**
WEEKDAYS at the CHURCH OFFICE - Upstairs at PRESTON PLACE // MON - FRI 9a - 3p
Office staff will collect donated items at the front desk.
- 100% cotton fabric
- Rotary cutters
- Self-healing cutting mats (18" x 24")
- Seam rippers
- Thread: cream, white, tan, gray
- Straight pins with plastic heads
- Quilt rulers
- Tape measures: plastic and metal
- Cotton batting for quilts
- Ironing boards