Prestoncrest’s THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE
Join with us as we put together “Thanksgiving Baskets” for needy families.
FOOD DONATIONS DUE ON/BEFORE SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2020
- Pick up a BLUE "PRESTONCREST" SHOPPING BAG to fill (feel free to shop ahead of time without the bag & just place your items in a blue bag when you drop off your food)
- Bags can be picked up any Sunday from 8-12, or Tuesday from 10-12 between now and Nov 15.
- Fill as many bags as you’d like!
- Use the SHOPPING LIST (printout provided in the bag, also) to shop for the list of items requested. Please keep the types & quantities limited to items listed to keep bags from being too heavy. List is also provided below.
- Any brand or generic is fine!
- Items you shop for will be put with a frozen turkey and given to families.
- FOOD DROP OFF days/times:
- Sundays, Nov 8 & 15: 8am - Noon AT THE CHURCH BUILDING, SOUTH OR EAST ENTRANCE
- Tuesdays, Nov 3 & 10: 10am - Noon AT THE CHURCH BUILDING, EAST ENTRANCE
- To schedule dropoff at a different day/time, contact John Scott Davis @ email@example.com - 972.233.2392
- If you shopped ahead of time without the bag, be sure to place your items in a blue bag when you drop off your food.
Shopping List - Expanded this year!
NOTE: Please purchase the exact quantity & foods listed so bags are not too heavy. Any brand is fine! BAG these together in your provided blue bag. *If you do not have a blue bag, just sack them up together in one bag so we can easily put it all in a blue bag when you drop off.*
Sack these up in your BLUE PRESTONCREST SHOPPING BAG:
1 Can of Cranberry Sauce
2 Cans Fruit Cocktail
2 Cans of Sweet Potatoes
2 Cans of Corn
2 Cans of Green Beans
1 Box of Instant Potatoes
2 Packets of Turkey Gravy (or Brown Gravy is also fine.) No Jars, please!
2 Boxes of Cake Mix & 2 Cans of Cake Frosting
Sack these together in a SEPARATE GROCERY BAG & attach to your blue bag:
1 Box of Tuna Helper
2 @ 5 oz Cans of Tuna // OR // a 12 oz can of Chicken
1 box spaghetti pasta (no bags, please!)
1 can pasta sauce (no jars, please!)
1 lb bag of rice
1 lb bag of pinto beans
This year we are providing families with a few more meals beyond Thanksgiving Day.
Volunteers are always needed to help with GIVEAWAY DAY!
GIVEAWAY DAY: Friday, Nov 20 @ 10 am at Prestoncrest for all of the families that registered for a basket in October
Volunteers are appreciated... HELP IS ALWAYS NEEDED!
SIGNUP FORM IS BELOW... Scroll down!
FRIDAY, NOV 20 - 3 different VOLUNTEERS/SHIFTS NEEDED:
- 9am - 10 am = 5 volunteers with TRUCKS - we will caravan to Tom Thumb to pick up turkeys & return to Prestoncrest to unload
- 10am - 12 Noon = 8 volunteers (busiest shift)
- 12 Noon - 2pm = No food/turkeys handed out = lunch break
- 2 pm - 4pm = 4 volunteers (less busy)
> 10am shift will help unload frozen turkeys
> 10am & 2pm shifts will both hand out bags & turkeys to the families that show up
> Translators will be on hand to help!