High School Mission Trip 7/8-7/15
Crownpoint, New Mexico
The youth group will be working with a group called
Next Steps Ministries. They provide relief and recovery for many
different areas across the United States. The main focus is showing the
love of Christ through going into a community and being the hands and
feet of Jesus. They not only repair homes,
but they want to love on the families and the community and show them
they are not just a project but loved and valued. This year we will be loving on those in the Navajo Reservation in New Mexico.
· SINGLE twin size air mattress
· Bedding – sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket
· Water bottle -refillable
· Light jacket for cooler evenings
· Insect repellent
· Snacks – granola bars or trail mix in reseal-able packages
· Shower towel
· Swim towel
· Swimming suit – one-piece swimsuit or a t-shirt
covering a two-piece is required for ladies.
· Toiletries – soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.
· Work shoes- an old pair of tennis shoes will work
well. It’s great to wear work boots, but they are not required.
· Work clothes – old t-shirts and jeans are preferred.
Some people prefer to work in long pants. It’s up to you and your
personal preference of what you will be most comfortable in.
· Casual clothes – bring a clean set of clothes to
change into after showers in the evening. Dress casually and comfortably!
· Personal work gloves, safety glasses, hammer
· Shorts must be finger-tip length and no yoga pants,
leggings, spandex running shorts or volleyball shorts (May be worn as pajamas)
· If you are a light sleeper, you might bring some
earplugs to block out noises and snoring.
· Epi pen if you have allergies
· Bandanas may be worn as long as they are NOT red,
blue, or black.
· All meals are included. No money is needed.
However- $ for travel stops is never a bad idea.
**** Pack a separate backpack or small bag with clothes for Saturday night/Sunday and
whatever toiletries or medicines you need for the 1 night in a hotel in
Amarillo on Saturday night. Your
suitcase and sleeping bag will go in storage under the bus and will not be
accessible for the stay in Amarillo. Pack
swimsuit for hotel pool. Bring your backpack on the bus with you!!
For sleeping arrangements, guys
and girls will be in separate rooms. Please bring a single twin size air
mattress and sleeping bag.
Departure: Saturday, 7/8 Arrive
at the Zone at 11:00 AM Bus leaves 11:30 AM *Bring a lunch and road snacks. We will
eat dinner in Amarillo when we stop for the night.
Return: Saturday, 7/15 We leave
Crownpoint at 6AM and should be back to church around 7PM, but we will have
teens text parents when we know exactly what time.
Our trip will be
hosted at Gospel Lighthouse church. Gospel Lighthouse Church
100 Crownpoint Drive Crownpoint, NM 87313
Hotel in Amarillo is Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center