High School Mission Trip 7/8-7/14
The youth group will be working with a group called
Next Steps Ministries. They provide relief and recovery for many
different areas across the United States. The main focus is showing the
love of Christ through going into a community and being the hands and
feet of Jesus. They not only repair homes,
but they want to love on the families and the community and show them
they are not just a project but loved and valued. This year we will be loving on those in Houston, TX.
· SINGLE twin size air mattress
· Bedding – sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket
· Water bottle -refillable
· Light jacket for cooler evenings
· Insect repellent
· Snacks – granola bars or trail mix in reseal-able packages
· Shower towel
· Swim towel
· Swimming suit – one-piece swimsuit or a t-shirt
covering a two-piece is required for ladies.
· Toiletries – soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.
· Work shoes- an old pair of tennis shoes will work
well. It’s great to wear work boots, but they are not required.
· Work clothes – old t-shirts and jeans are preferred.
Some people prefer to work in long pants. It’s up to you and your
personal preference of what you will be most comfortable in.
· Casual clothes – bring a clean set of clothes to
change into after showers in the evening. Dress casually and comfortably!
· Personal work gloves, safety glasses, hammer
· Shorts must be finger-tip length and no yoga pants,
leggings, spandex running shorts or volleyball shorts (May be worn as pajamas)
· If you are a light sleeper, you might bring some
earplugs to block out noises and snoring.
· Epi pen if you have allergies
· Bandanas may be worn as long as they are NOT red,
blue, or black.
· All meals are included. No money is needed.
However- $ for travel stops is never a bad idea.
For sleeping arrangements, guys
and girls will be in separate rooms. Please bring a single twin size air
mattress and sleeping bag.
Departure: Sunday, 7/8 Arrive
at the Zone at 11:30 AM Bus leaves 12:00pm *Bring a lunch and road snacks.
Return: Saturday, 7/14 We leave
Houston at 7AM and should be back to church around 11:00AM, but we will have
teens text parents when we know exactly what time.
Our trip will be
hosted at a local church in Houston